In order to lower IT costs and deliver better services to customers, organizations have been looking for solutions. ITIL was one idea that evaded the regimes of service management. It allows teams to interact in a better fashion and enables growth of the business by removing bottlenecks. ITIL best practices are published in series of five volumes which provide details regarding ITIL service lifecycle that begins with detecting customer needs and the various drivers of IT requirements. Also it provides all information related to the design and application of the service and finally how to develop and monitor the services. The books have also targeted other areas that include:
- Service support
- Security management
- The business perspective
- Application management
- Small-scale implementation
- ICT infrastructure management
- Software asset management
Though the processes, procedures and tasks described by ITIL are not organization specific but they can be applied by a firm to establish integration with the corporate strategy, delivering value and maintaining levels of competency. With Dubai being the hub of commercial ventures, information technology plays a vital role in framing the dynamics of the rapidly changing markets. ITIL certification in Dubai and globally is segmented into 5 categories namely:
1. ITIL Foundation Certificate: This is the entry level certification that gives a generalized idea of key concepts and terminologies used in the ITIL service lifecycle including all the stages and processes involved in the management practices.
2. ITIL Practitioner Certificate: This is new certification introduced in 2016. The purpose is to focus on continual improvement as well as organizational change management.
3. ITIL Intermediate Level: This level includes multiple modules each targeting a specialized niche. It all depends on the candidate, which path he wishes to pursue as a candidate may opt for few or many intermediate qualifications pertaining to his needs. The ITIL intermediate modules dig into more details as compared to the foundation level and the qualification is industry-recognized. Specialization in ‘ITIL lifecycle stream’ includes 5 certifications, Specialization is ‘ITIL capability Stream’ consists of 4 certifications and the completion of this level grants with ‘ITIL managing Across the Lifecycle certification’.
4. ITIL Expert Certificate: This level of qualification is best suited for those who are interested in acquiring a superior level of knowledge of the intermediate level on the whole. Again the candidate is free to choose form a wide range of qualifications which focus on specific areas of ITIL service lifecycle with different degrees of depth and specialism. This level of qualification not only improves career growth but also gives a superior command of operations within the IT service management field But the requirement to achieve ITIL expert level, students are required to achieve a total of 22 credits. Also it is notable that candidates who achieve ITIL expert level will fulfill the pre-requisite entry criteria for the ITIL Master level.
5. ITIL Master Certificate: This level of qualification is highly recommendable for candidates who wish to establish themselves as experienced implementers and consultants. No fixed syllabus is associated with the master level. Candidates must be ITIL Expert certified and have at least one ITIL implementation experience.
The core objective of this program includes proper training that allows candidates to learn about IT service management best practices, key principles and generic concepts. It will give them a comprehensive understanding of the main objective, scope of the service meanwhile clearing in minds the service transition, service operations and importance of constant service improvement. At the end of the program candidates will be able to apply ITL tools, techniques and concepts to enhance business efficiency that will directly optimize customer experience. Maximum benefit can be sought form the volume that offers information related to continual service Improvement (CSI). The perspective of CSI on improvement is consistent with the business perspective of service quality even Though CSI aims at improving Efficiency of processes and ensuring cost effectiveness of IT processes throughout the lifecycle.
IT personnel, who intend to boost their career with ITIL certification in Dubai, should know that the program provides with international professional development opportunities as well. The program has already addressed in depth the various aspects of service management but it is yet to deal with the enterprise architecture in future. The wider frameworks shall also be catered and ITIL will transform the basics of any business that heavily relies on information technology for executing its operations!