ISO 27001 Foundation
Accredited by PECB
Become acquainted with the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001
PECB accredited courseware and trainers
Experienced ISO 27001 consultants as trainers
Acquire the ISO 27001 insights in 2 days
Receive training and certification in 2 days
Engaging group discussions, workshops & quizzes
Avail free lifetime course revision- What is this?
Exceptional post training support- What is this?
One free exam retake- What is this?
14 CPDs from PECB- What is this?
This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013, as well as the best practices for implementing the information security controls of the eleven domains of the ISO 27002. This training also helps to understand how ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO 27002 relate with ISO 27003 (Guidelines for the implementation of an ISMS), ISO 27004 (Measurement of information security) and ISO 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
- To understand the elements and operations of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- To acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- To understand the approaches, standards, methods and techniques used for the implementation and management of an ISMS
- Individuals involved in Information Security Management
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in Information Security Management
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the ISO 27001 Foundation examination
This course qualifies for Fourteen (14) CPDs or PDUs.
- Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001
- Introduction to the ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles of information security
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 8 of ISO/IEC 27001
- Implementation phases of ISO/IEC 27001 framework
- Continual improvement of Information Security
- Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 certification audit
- Day 2: Implementing controls in information security according to ISO/IEC 27002 and Certification Exam
- Principles and design of information security controls
- Documentation of an information security control environment
- Monitoring and reviewing the information security controls
- Examples of implementation of information security controls based on ISO 27002 best practices
- Certification Exam
A practice exam is part of the course. The practice exam aims to help participants in passing the ISO27001 certification exam.
A 60-minute certification exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. The exam is paper-pencil based.
Eligibility for Examination
There is no prerequisite for this certification exam.
- PECB Partner: Business Beam is PECB Partner organization. We are authorized to conduct all PECB courses including ISO 27001 series.
- Learn from Practitioners: Our trainers are highly experienced consultants. They are certified ISO 27001 Master, Lead Auditors and Lead Implementers. They have successfully delivered several ISO 27001 industry projects and training sessions.
- Premium Training Quality: Business Beam uses highly impressive PECB’s official courseware containing printed slides, support notes, exercises & workshops, case studies and quizzes.
- FREE Exam Retake: Candidate has the option of one free examination retake if he/she does not pass in the certification examination in the first attempt. What is this?
- Lifetime FREE Course Revision: Candidates can refresh their concepts by reattending a training session for free. What is this?
- FREE Post Training Support: Business Beam believes in value delivery beyond training courses. If you need help after the training course on any related topic, our trainers will be happy to guide you. What is this?
- Individual Attention: We follow international standards for maximum participants per session. Our trainers provide individual attention to all participants for an ultimate learning experience.
- Excellent Feedback: Business Beam maintains an excellent training feedback record. 92% of the overall participants rate us excellent or very good. No one has ever rated us below average.
- At your Premises: All of our training courses, including this one, are also available at your preferred location, schedule and timings. We also offer tailored courses specific to your needs.
- Impressive Clientele: Business Beam has conducted 1,000+ internationally accredited training sessions on various subjects including ISO 27001. Our participants come from several premium organizations. Some of our valued clients.
Copyright © 2004-2021 Business Beam. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. ITIL, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, MSP, MoP, P3O, MoV, M_o_R and RESILIA are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. ISACA and COBIT are registered trademarks of ISACA. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.