ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
Accredited by PECB
Mastering the audit of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001
PECB accredited courseware and trainers
Experienced ISO 27001 consultants as trainers
Acquire in-depth audit knowledge of ISO 27001
Receive training and certification in 5 days
Engaging group discussions, case studies, workshops & quizzes
Avail free lifetime course revision- What is this?
Exceptional post training support- What is this?
One free exam retake- What is this?
31 CPDs from PECB- What is this?
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit an Information Security Management System (ISMS) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 the certification process according to ISO 17011.Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
- To understand the operations of an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001
- To acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- To understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- To learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- To learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit
- To acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Information Security Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Information Security Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Information Security Management
PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor examination
This course qualifies for Thirty-One (31) CPDs.
- Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001
- Normative, regulatory and legal framework related to information security
- Fundamental principles of information security
- ISO 27001 certification process
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Detailed presentation of the clauses 4 to 8 of ISO/IEC 27001
- Day 2: Planning and Initiating an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit approach based on evidence and on risk
- Preparation of an ISO/IEC 27001 certification audit
- ISMS documentation audit
- Conducting an opening meeting
- Day 3: Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation
- Audit test plans
- Formulation of audit findings
- Documenting nonconformities
- Day 4: Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
- Audit documentation
- Quality review
- Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an ISO 27001 audit
- Evaluation of corrective action plans
- ISO/IEC 27001 Surveillance audit
- Internal audit management program
- Day 5: Certification Exam
A practice exam is part of the course. The practice exam aims to help participants in passing the ISO27001 certification exam.
A 60-minute certification exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. The exam is paper-pencil based.
Eligibility for Examination
There is no prerequisite for this certification exam.
- PECB Partner: Business Beam is PECB Partner organization. We are authorized to conduct all PECB courses including ISO 27001 series.
- Learn from Practitioners: Our trainers are highly experienced consultants. They are certified ISO 27001 Master, Lead Auditors and Lead Implementers. They have successfully delivered several ISO 27001 industry projects and training sessions.
- Premium Training Quality: Business Beam uses highly impressive PECB’s official courseware containing printed slides, support notes, exercises & workshops, case studies and quizzes.
- FREE Exam Retake: Candidate has the option of one free examination retake if he/she does not pass in the certification examination in the first attempt. What is this?
- Lifetime FREE Course Revision: Candidates can refresh their concepts by reattending a training session for free. What is this?
- FREE Post Training Support: Business Beam believes in value delivery beyond training courses. If you need help after the training course on any related topic, our trainers will be happy to guide you. What is this?
- Individual Attention: We follow international standards for maximum participants per session. Our trainers provide individual attention to all participants for an ultimate learning experience.
- Excellent Feedback: Business Beam maintains an excellent training feedback record. 92% of the overall participants rate us excellent or very good. No one has ever rated us below average.
- At your Premises: All of our training courses, including this one, are also available at your preferred location, schedule and timings. We also offer tailored courses specific to your needs.
- Impressive Clientele: Business Beam has conducted 1,000+ internationally accredited training sessions on various subjects including ISO 27001. Our participants come from several premium organizations. Few of the relevant names are as follows.
Copyright © 2004-2019 Business Beam. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. ITIL, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, MSP, MoP, P3O, MoV, M_o_R and RESILIA are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. ISACA and COBIT are registered trademarks of ISACA. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.