ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
Accredited by PECB
Mastering the implementation and management of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement information security controls from all areas of ISO/IEC 27002. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is also fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27003 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an ISMS), ISO/IEC 27004 (Measurement of Information Security) and ISO/IEC 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
- To acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- To master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ISMS
- To learn how to interpret the ISO/IEC 27001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- To learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an ISMS
- To acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Information Security Management System best practices
- Managers or consultants involved in Information Security Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Information Security Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ISMS requirements
- ISMS team member
PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the ISO 27001 Lead Implementer examination
This course qualifies for Thirty-One (31) CPDs.
- Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001; Initiating an ISMS
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Fundamental principles of Information Security Management Systems
- Initiating the implementation of an ISMS
- Understanding the organization and clarifying the Information Security objectives
- Analysis of the existing management system
- Day 2: Planning the implementation of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Leadership and approval of the ISMS project
- ISMS scope
- Information Security policies
- Risk assessment
- Statement of Applicability and top management`s decision to implement the ISMS
- Definition of the organizational structure of Information Security
- Day 3: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Definition of the document management process
- Design of security controls and drafting of specific policies & procedures
- Communication plan
- Training and awareness plan
- Implementation of security controls
- Incident Management
- Operations Management
- Day 4: ISMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of non-conformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Competence and evaluation of implementers
- Closing the training
- Day 5: Certification Exam
A practice exam is part of the course. The practice exam aims to help participants in passing the ISO27001 certification exam.
A 3-hour certification exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. The exam is paper-pencil based.
Content of the exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains.
- Domain 1: Fundamental information security principles and concepts
- Domain 2: Planning an ISMS based on PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 3: Implementing an ISMS based on PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 4: Information security control best practices, based on ISO 27002
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 6: Continuous improvement of an ISMS based on PECB Certified ISOIEC 27001
- Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit
Eligibility for Examination
There is no prerequisite for this certification exam.
Free lifetime revision
Refresh your concepts by re-attending our training session for FREE. (What’s this?)
Accredited Training Organization
Business Beam is certified partner of AXELOS Limited and an ATO.
Accredited course material
The training material is accredited and approved.
Quality Training Material
You will receive a comprehensive training manual.
Our trainers are experienced consultants and accredited trainers.
92%+ of our overall customers rates us excellent or very good.
Experience tells all
We have successfully delivered 600+ accredited courses to 7,000+ professionals in classroom.
At your premises
This training is also available at your preferred premises and timings.
Copyright © 2004-2019 Business Beam. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. ITIL, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, MSP, MoP, P3O, MoV, M_o_R and RESILIA are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. ISACA and COBIT are registered trademarks of ISACA. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.