ISO 27001 Lead Implementer
Accredited by PECB
Mastering the implementation and management of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001
PECB accredited courseware and trainers
Experienced ISO 27001 consultants as trainers
Acquire in-depth implementation knowledge of ISO 27001
Engaging group discussions, case studies, workshops & quizzes
Avail free lifetime course revision- What is this?
Exceptional post training support- What is this?
One free exam retake- What is this?
31 CPDs from PECB- What is this?
|Location||Schedules||Regular Fee||Early Bird Fee*||Register|
|Live, virtual instructor-led||October 12-15, 2020||PKR 65,000 |
Exclude Exam Fee
Exclude Exam Fee
|Early Bird fee is subject to confirmation of registration with 100% upfront fee at least two week before training|
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement information security controls from all areas of ISO/IEC 27002. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is also fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27003 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an ISMS), ISO/IEC 27004 (Measurement of Information Security) and ISO/IEC 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
- To acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- To master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ISMS
- To learn how to interpret the ISO/IEC 27001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- To learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an ISMS
- To acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Information Security Management System best practices
- Managers or consultants involved in Information Security Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Information Security Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ISMS requirements
- ISMS team member
PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playing and oral presentations
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam.
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the ISO 27001 Lead Implementer examination
This course qualifies for Thirty-One (31) CPDs.
- Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001; Initiating an ISMS
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Fundamental principles of Information Security Management Systems
- Initiating the implementation of an ISMS
- Understanding the organization and clarifying the Information Security objectives
- Analysis of the existing management system
- Day 2: Planning the implementation of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Leadership and approval of the ISMS project
- ISMS scope
- Information Security policies
- Risk assessment
- Statement of Applicability and top management`s decision to implement the ISMS
- Definition of the organizational structure of Information Security
- Day 3: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Definition of the document management process
- Design of security controls and drafting of specific policies & procedures
- Communication plan
- Training and awareness plan
- Implementation of security controls
- Incident Management
- Operations Management
- Day 4: ISMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of non-conformities
- Continual improvement
- Preparing for the certification audit
- Competence and evaluation of implementers
- Closing the training
- Day 5: Certification Exam
A practice exam is part of the course. The practice exam aims to help participants in passing the ISO27001 certification exam.
A 3-hour certification exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. The exam is paper-pencil based.
Content of the exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains.
- Domain 1: Fundamental information security principles and concepts
- Domain 2: Planning an ISMS based on PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 3: Implementing an ISMS based on PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 4: Information security control best practices, based on ISO 27002
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 6: Continuous improvement of an ISMS based on PECB Certified ISOIEC 27001
- Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit
Eligibility for Examination
There is no prerequisite for this certification exam.
- PECB Partner: Business Beam is PECB Partner organization. We are authorized to conduct all PECB courses including ISO 27001 series.
- Learn from Practitioners: Our trainers are highly experienced consultants. They are certified ISO 27001 Master, Lead Auditors and Lead Implementers. They have successfully delivered several ISO 27001 industry projects and training sessions.
- Premium Training Quality: Business Beam uses highly impressive PECB’s official courseware containing printed slides, support notes, exercises & workshops, case studies and quizzes.
- FREE Exam Retake: Candidate has the option of one free examination retake if he/she does not pass in the certification examination in the first attempt. What is this?
- Lifetime FREE Course Revision: Candidates can refresh their concepts by reattending a training session for free. What is this?
- FREE Post Training Support: Business Beam believes in value delivery beyond training courses. If you need help after the training course on any related topic, our trainers will be happy to guide you. What is this?
- Individual Attention: We follow international standards for maximum participants per session. Our trainers provide individual attention to all participants for an ultimate learning experience.
- Excellent Feedback: Business Beam maintains an excellent training feedback record. 92% of the overall participants rate us excellent or very good. No one has ever rated us below average.
- At your Premises: All of our training courses, including this one, are also available at your preferred location, schedule and timings. We also offer tailored courses specific to your needs.
- Impressive Clientele: Business Beam has conducted 1,000+ internationally accredited training sessions on various subjects including ISO 27001. Our participants come from several premium organizations. Some of our valued clients.
Copyright © 2004-2020 Business Beam. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. ITIL, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, MSP, MoP, P3O, MoV, M_o_R and RESILIA are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. ISACA and COBIT are registered trademarks of ISACA. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.