- COBIT® 5 Foundation
- COBIT® 5 Implementation
- COBIT® 5 Assessor
- CISA® Boot Camp
- CISM® Boot Camp
- CGEIT Boot Camp
- ISO 38500 IT Corporate Governance Foundation
- ITIL® Foundation
ISO/IEC 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager
Mastering the Implementation and Management of Corporate Governance of Information Technology based on ISO/IEC 38500
Experienced & accredited trainers
Comprehensive & Accredited training material
Training & examination in 5 days
Practice questions include
Excellent first attempt pass ratio
One free exam retake (if required) – What’s this?
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise and knowledge to support an organization in implementing and managing Corporate Governance of IT as specified in ISO/IEC 38500. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to appropriately govern a Corporate Governance of IT system across all the principles of ISO/IEC 38500. ISO/IEC 38500 applies to the governance of management processes (and decisions) relating to the information and communication services used by an organization. These processes could be controlled by IT specialists within the organization or external service providers, or by business units within the organization. This training is consistent with COBIT 5 and CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT).
- To understand the normative frameworks for IT Governance
- To understand the fundamentals of IT Governance
- To understand the relationship between IT Governance and IT Management
- To learn the Identification and engagement of stakeholders
- To clarify sponsorship and responsibilities
- Managers or consultants responsible for ensuring good IT Governance within an organization and effective management of its risks
- Expert advisors seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of the key concepts and principles of IT Governance
- Technical experts seeking to formalize, amend, and/or extend an organization’s IT-related objectives
- Members of groups monitoring the resources within an organization
- IT Governance and/or Information Security team members
ISO 38500 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of ISO 38500 is recommended.
This training is based on both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the ISO 38500 Lead IT Corporate Governance Manager examination
This course qualifies for Thirty One (31) CPDs
- Day 1: Introduction to IT Governance and ISO/IEC 38500
- Course objective and structure
- Normative frameworks for IT Governance
- IT governance
- ISO/IEC 38500 standard
- IT Governance model
- Day 2: IT Strategy and Acquisition
- Strategic alignment through goal cascading
- Changes in business strategy and barriers to strategic alignment
- Strategic management
- Manage & report IT investments and cost optimization
- Value management
- Day 3: Performance and Risk Management
- Interoperability, standardization and economies of scale
- Risk management as an integral part of performance
- Risk management frameworks
- Context establishment
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Risk communication and review
- Risk management approach to business resiliency
A 3-hour certification exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. The exam is paper-pencil based.
The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Principles for good governance of IT
- Domain 2 Evaluate-Direct-Monitor Model of ISO/IEC 38500
- Domain 3 Guidance for IT Governance
- Domain 4 Evaluate the need and applicability of the core principles of ISO/IEC 38500
- Domain 5 Direct the adherence to the core principles of ISO/IEC 38500
- Domain 6 Monitor all the activities related to the core principles of ISO/IEC 38500 Eligibility for Examination
Prerequisite for Certification
- ISO 38500 Lead IT Governance Certificate
- Adherence to the PECB code of ethics
- Total Five years professional experience
- Two years of work experience in IT Governance
- A total of 300 hours IT Governance activities
Exam passing guarantee
We offer one free exam retake if you don’t pass in the first attempt. (What’s this?)
Free lifetime revision
Refresh your concepts by re-attending our training session for FREE. (What’s this?)
Accredited Training Organization
Business Beam is certified partner of AXELOS Limited and an ATO.
Accredited course material
The training material is accredited and approved.
Quality Training Material
You will receive a comprehensive training manual.
Our trainers are experienced consultants and accredited trainers.
92%+ of our overall customers rates us excellent or very good.
Experience tells all
We have successfully delivered 600+ accredited courses to 7,000+ professionals in classroom.
At your premises
This training is also available at your preferred premises and timings.
Copyright © 2004-2019 Business Beam. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. ITIL, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, MSP, MoP, P3O, MoV, M_o_R and RESILIA are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. ISACA and COBIT are registered trademarks of ISACA. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.