Leadership and Motivation for IT Professionals
Learn Essential Leadership and Motivation Skills to groom Leader in you.
2-day training course
Trainer is Experienced and Graduated from University of Oxford, UK
The Trainer has Conducted 250+ Sessions
Exercises and Group Activities for Better Understanding
Case Studies and Scenarios to Elaborate the Concepts
This workshop trains competencies needed to lead projects, drive innovation, and influence others in an engineering role or similar technical job. Participants learn the differences between leadership and management and how to develop specific leadership abilities that are important to engineers and technical professionals. The most important leadership traits that apply to technical project leadership responsibilities are emphasized.
Participants engage in exercises that assess their individual leadership abilities and provide guidance for further development. Case studies and real-life examples illustrate how the principles apply on the job. The studies and examples are drawn from a broad range of engineering team environments at small, medium, and large companies serving many industries.
- Characteristics of a great leader; influence without authority; how leadership facilitates good management; leadership myths and misconceptions.
- Understanding your audience; perception about benefits; getting sup-port for new ideas; understanding management’s perspective; Case Study: “Wasting Time on Documentation.”
- Leadership and management call on different abilities; Warren Bennis’ perspective; management skills relevant to all engineers; self-assessment part one.
- Becoming a better listener; fulfilling interests and engaging your audience; inspiring action; addressing diverse communication needs; communicating a vision; goal-oriented communication.
- Opportunities for building rapport; building rapport with managers; helping others to see your view; give, take and compromise; self-assessment part two.
- Three important objectives; action plan.
- Range of conflict; constructive, healthy conflict vs. destructive behavior; engaging conflict avoiders; ideal conflict model for innovation.
- Overcoming teamwork obstacles; 20 elements of trust and respect; Maxwell’s Five Levels of Leadership; case studies; self-assessment part three.
- Three goals for developing leadership ability; setting future goals
- IT Professionals
- Technical Marketing Professionals
- R&D Staff / Leaders
- Project Leaders
The training is specially designed, includes
- Team activities
- Best-practices sharing
- Relevant selling skills questionnaire
- Individual and group exercises
- Video-based activities
- Printed Training Material
- Topic Related Templates for Performance Improvement
- Training Attendance Certificates
- The Principles of Effective Communication
- How to go ahead at work?
- Efficient Communication for IT Leaders / IT Managers / IT Professionals
- Managing Efficient Communication within Teams / Departments
- Effective Communication to make sure efficient performance and avoiding late hours at work
- Presentation Skills
- Reporting Skills; Performance, ROI, Challenges and Plans
- Verbal Communication within and outside Organization
- Presenting the Ideas / solutions / services / products
- 3Es (Efficient Email Etiquettes) within and outside Organization
- Emotional Intelligence in effective Communication for IT Professionals
- Meeting; within and outside organizations
- Problem Solving and Incident Management with Effective Communication
- Using Language to Inspire and Motivate your audience
- Body language and Business Communication
Free lifetime revision
Refresh your concepts by re-attending our training session for FREE. (What’s this?)
Accredited Training Organization
Business Beam is certified partner of AXELOS Limited and an ATO.
Accredited course material
The training material is accredited and approved.
Quality Training Material
You will receive a comprehensive training manual.
Our trainers are experienced consultants and accredited trainers.
92%+ of our overall customers rates us excellent or very good.
Experience tells all
We have successfully delivered 600+ accredited courses to 7,000+ professionals in classroom.
At your premises
This training is also available at your preferred premises and timings.
Copyright © 2004-2021 Business Beam. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. ITIL, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, MSP, MoP, P3O, MoV, M_o_R and RESILIA are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. ISACA and COBIT are registered trademarks of ISACA. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.