- P3O® Foundation
- PRINCE2® Foundation
- PRINCE2® Practitioner
- PMI-ACP® Boot Camp
- PMI-RMP® Boot Camp
- Managing Projects with Scrum
Accredited by People Cert and AXELOS
Learn how to manage Portfolio, Programme or Project office, or Center of Excellence. Develop complete understanding of how to justify, build and manage a P3O.
Experienced & accredited trainers
Comprehensive & Accredited training material
Training & examination in 3 days
Practice questions include
Excellent first attempt pass ratio
Free lifetime course revision – What’s this?
The Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (P3O®) guidance provides advice, supported by discussion and examples, on how to develop a governance structure that helps optimize an organization’s investment in change alongside its Business as Usual work.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient knowledge and understanding of the P3O guidance to design, implement, manage or work within any component office of a P3O model. A successful candidate will have an overall understanding of the elements, roles, functions and tools and techniques deployed in a generalised P3O model.
Candidates need to exhibit the competences required for the Foundation qualification and to show that they could apply P3O guidance to the design, implementation and management of a P3O model. Specifically, they need to demonstrate their ability to:
- Develop the business case required to obtain senior management approval for the P3O
- Identify and build the most appropriate P3O model, which will adapt to the organization’s needs, taking account of the organization’s size and portfolio, programme and project management maturity
- Identify the most appropriate roles required to populate a specified P3O structure
- Plan the implementation of a P3O
- Choose and use appropriate tools and techniques while running the P3O and advising those who shape the portfolio of programmes and projects
P3O Practitioner qualification is targeted for those who:
- Aspire to join a portfolio, program, or project office environment
- Are new to a portfolio, program, or project office environment
- Consider deploying or reconfiguring the P3O model
- Are involved to delve into optimization of the strategic decision making
Participants are required to have passed the P3O Foundation exam in order to be certified at the Practitioner level.
The course uses a stimulating mix of instructions, quizzes, workshops, discussions, practice exam, and certificate exam.
Note: 2 to 3 hours of evening work would be required for examination preparation.
- Course reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Practice examination
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices book by AXELOS
- Course Certificate
- Exam certificate on passing the P3O Practitioner examination
- Definitions of project, programme & portfolio
- Concept of business-as-usual
- What is P3O
- AXELOS Best Practice Guidance
- Best Practice Management Principles
- Why have P3O?
- How P3O adds value
- Maximizing value of P3O
- Getting investment for the P3O
- The approach to maximizing the value of a P3O
- Types of funding models for temporary and permanent offices
- Typical timescales for implementing a P3O
- Appropriate cost models for permanent and temporary P3Os
- Designing a P3O Model
- Strategic planning / portfolio support functions
- Delivery support functions
- Center of excellence functions
- P3O model design considerations
- Success factors for P3O offices
- Independent assurance of P3O
- Levels of governance within a P3O for three different functions
- How P3O model types support the delivery of change
- Sizing of a P3O for a permanent or temporary office
- P3O structure and reporting lines
- Implementing & Re-energizing a P3O
- Implementation lifecycle for a permanent P3O model
- Deliver capabilities & realize benefits
- Implementation lifecycle for a temporary programme or project office
- The focused set of stakeholders
- Organizational context
- Definition and implementation of a temporary programme or project office
- Running a temporary office through to delivery
- Treatment of internal resources within a temporary project office
- Closing down a temporary programme or project office
- How PPM maturity will impact on the design, planning and delivery of the P3O Model and the P3O Blueprint
- Activities to implement or re-energize a permanent P3O.
- Activities to implement a temporary programme or project office
- Implementation lifecycle for a permanent P3O model
- P3O Tools and Techniques
- Tool vs. technique
- Types of tools & techniques and their usage
- Benefits of using standard tools and techniques
- Critical success factors when introducing tools and techniques into the P3O
- Examples of P3O tools & techniques
- The factors involved in complexity modelling
- Selecting and developing a tools requirements document for a PPM solution
- Choosing knowledge management tools and techniques
- Critical success factors and benefits of using tools and techniques
- Roles and Responsibilities
- P3O management roles
- P3O generic roles
- P3O functional roles
- The skills and competencies required to fulfill the roles
- To which functional area or office in a P3O model each role might be allocated
- Practice Examination
A 2.5-hour practice exam is part of the course. The practice exam aims to help participants in passing the P3O Practitioner certification exam.
A 2.5-hour certification exam is scheduled on the last day of the course. The exam is an open-book format. Participants can only bring P3O manual. The exam consists of 4 objective type questions. Each question carries 20 marks each, 80 marks in total. 40 marks or 50% is required to pass the exam (out of 80 available).
Eligibility for Examination
P3O Foundation Certification
Free lifetime revision
Refresh your concepts by re-attending our training session for FREE. (What’s this?)
Accredited Training Organization
Business Beam is certified partner of AXELOS Limited and an ATO.
Accredited course material
The training material is accredited and approved.
Quality Training Material
You will receive a comprehensive training manual.
Our trainers are experienced consultants and accredited trainers.
92%+ of our overall customers rates us excellent or very good.
Experience tells all
We have successfully delivered 600+ accredited courses to 7,000+ professionals in classroom.
At your premises
This training is also available at your preferred premises and timings.
Copyright © 2004-2019 Business Beam. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. ITIL, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, MSP, MoP, P3O, MoV, M_o_R and RESILIA are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. ISACA and COBIT are registered trademarks of ISACA. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.