- P3O® Foundation
- P3O® Practitioner
- PRINCE2® Foundation
- PRINCE2® Practitioner
- PMP® Boot Camp
- PMI-RMP® Boot Camp
- Managing Projects with Scrum
- CBAP® Boot Camp
PfMP® Boot Camp
Enhance your competence and knowledge in Portfolio management and establish your ability to handle complex portfolios. Prepare for PMI’s premium PfMP qualifications.
Experienced & accredited trainers
Comprehensive & Accredited training material
Training in 4 days
35 contact hours
Practice questions include
Excellent first attempt pass ratio
Free lifetime course revision – What’s this?
The Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP®) Certification is PMI’s most elite, globally respected and acclaimed qualification for Portfolio Managers. Formal portfolio management is the most effective way to implement strategic initiatives because it bridges the gap between strategy and implementation. Portfolio managers align projects, programs and operations with strategic objectives, investing resources in the right work to deliver the expected value.
The PfMP® training workshop delivered by industry experts explains the efficient ways of reducing risk and implementing strategic initiatives, the execution of portfolio management process, portfolio progress analysis, balancing conflict demands between programs and projects and allocation of resources to high priority projects based on the return on investment and portfolio risks. The training enables candidates to manage and align projects and programs efficiently to meet the business strategy, identify, analyse and keep track of the changes in business strategy against portfolio.
Candidates should expect to gain competencies in the following areas after successful completion of the training course:
- Understand the whole process of project portfolio management and how it contributes to organizational success
- Learn about the benefits of portfolio management
- Understand the strategic planning process, tools and techniques
- Understand how best to identify and apply selection criteria to project portfolio components
- Learn about change and cost management techniques
- Understand about stakeholder management techniques
- Formulate effective project portfolio reports
This course is designed for professionals who want to learn portfolio management practices and aim for Project Management Institute’s Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) certification.
Knowledge and experience of portfolio management will be helpful, but not necessary.
The course uses a stimulating mix of instructions, quizzes, workshops, discussions and practice exam.
- Training reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Practice examination
- Training Certificate
- Definitions of project, programme & portfolio
- Concept of business-as-usual
- What is P3O
- AXELOS Best Practice Guidance
- Best Practice Management Principles
- Why have P3O?
- How P3O adds value
- Maximizing value of P3O
- Getting investment for the P3O
- P3O vision and business case
- P3O value matrix
- P3O capability & linked outcomes
- P3O Key performance indicators
- Designing a P3O Model
- Strategic planning / portfolio support functions
- Delivery support functions
- Center of excellence functions
- P3O model design considerations
- P3O model with an organization portfolio office
- P3O model with hub portfolio offices connected by spokes
- Virtual P3O model
- Success factors for P3O offices
- Integration with wider organization
- Independent assurance of P3O
- Implementing & Re-energizing a P3O
- Implementation lifecycle for a permanent P3O model
- Deliver capabilities & realize benefits
- Implementation lifecycle for a temporary programme or project office
- The focused set of stakeholders
- Organizational context
- Definition and implementation of a temporary programme or project office
- Running a temporary office through to delivery
- Treatment of internal resources within a temporary project office
- Closing down a temporary programme or project office
- Implementation lifecycle for a permanent P3O model
- P3O Tools and Techniques
- Tool vs. technique
- Types of tools and their usage
- Types of techniques and their usage
- Benefits of using standard tools and techniques
- Bringing the right tool
- Critical success factors when introducing tools and techniques into the P3O
- Examples of P3O tools
- Examples of P3O techniques
- Roles and Responsibilities
- P3O management roles
- P3O generic roles
- P3O functional roles
- Practice Examination
A four-hour practice exam is part of the course. The practice exam aims to help participants in passing the PfMP certification exam.
Certification examination in NOT part of this training course. Examination candidates must apply at the PMI website, and receive authorization for the examination. Examinations are held at designated Prometric centers only.
The PfMP® examination consists of 170 multiple-choice questions. Of the 170 questions, 20 are considered pre-test questions. Pre-test questions do not affect the score but are used in examinations as an effective and legitimate way to test the validity of future examination questions. All questions are randomly placed throughout the examination.
- Total examination questions:170
- of scored questions: 150
- of pre-test (unscored) questions: 20
- Allotted examination time: 4 hours
Eligibility for Examination
Free lifetime revision
Refresh your concepts by re-attending our training session for FREE. (What’s this?)
Accredited Training Organization
Business Beam is certified partner of AXELOS Limited and an ATO.
Accredited course material
The training material is accredited and approved.
Quality Training Material
You will receive a comprehensive training manual.
Our trainers are experienced consultants and accredited trainers.
92%+ of our overall customers rates us excellent or very good.
Experience tells all
We have successfully delivered 600+ accredited courses to 7,000+ professionals in classroom.
At your premises
This training is also available at your preferred premises and timings.
Copyright © 2004-2019 Business Beam. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. ITIL, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, MSP, MoP, P3O, MoV, M_o_R and RESILIA are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. ISACA and COBIT are registered trademarks of ISACA. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.