- P3O® Foundation
- P3O® Practitioner
- PRINCE2® Foundation
- PRINCE2® Practitioner
- PMP® Boot Camp
- PMI-RMP® Boot Camp
- Managing Projects with Scrum
- CBAP® Boot Camp
PfMP® Boot Camp
Enhance your competence and knowledge in Portfolio management and establish your ability to handle complex portfolios. Prepare for PMI’s premium PfMP qualifications.
Experienced & accredited trainers
Comprehensive & Accredited training material
Training in 4 days
35 contact hours
Practice questions include
Excellent first attempt pass ratio
Free lifetime course revision – What’s this?
The Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP®) Certification is PMI’s most elite, globally respected and acclaimed qualification for Portfolio Managers. Formal portfolio management is the most effective way to implement strategic initiatives because it bridges the gap between strategy and implementation. Portfolio managers align projects, programs and operations with strategic objectives, investing resources in the right work to deliver the expected value.
The PfMP® training workshop delivered by industry experts explains the efficient ways of reducing risk and implementing strategic initiatives, the execution of portfolio management process, portfolio progress analysis, balancing conflict demands between programs and projects and allocation of resources to high priority projects based on the return on investment and portfolio risks. The training enables candidates to manage and align projects and programs efficiently to meet the business strategy, identify, analyse and keep track of the changes in business strategy against portfolio.
Candidates should expect to gain competencies in the following areas after successful completion of the training course:
- Understand the whole process of project portfolio management and how it contributes to organizational success
- Learn about the benefits of portfolio management
- Understand the strategic planning process, tools and techniques
- Understand how best to identify and apply selection criteria to project portfolio components
- Learn about change and cost management techniques
- Understand about stakeholder management techniques
- Formulate effective project portfolio reports
This course is designed for professionals who want to learn portfolio management practices and aim for Project Management Institute’s Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) certification.
Knowledge and experience of portfolio management will be helpful, but not necessary.
The course uses a stimulating mix of instructions, quizzes, workshops, discussions and practice exam.
- Training reference manual containing copy of course slides, support documents, quizzes and answers
- Practice examination
- Training Certificate
- What Is a Portfolio?
- Relationships Among Portfolios, Programs, Projects, and Operations
- What Is Portfolio Management
- Principles of Portfolio Management
- Relationships Among Portfolio Management, Organizational Strategy, Strategic Business Execution, and Organizational Project Management
- Portfolio Components and Their Interrelationships
- Role of the Portfolio Manager
- Other Roles in Portfolio Management
- The portfolio life cycle
- Ongoing Life Cycle
- Portfolio Management Information System
- Governance Within the Portfolio Life Cycle
- Portfolio strategic management
- Portfolio Strategic Objectives
- Developing Portfolio Strategic Objectives
- Strategic Risk Appetite
- Portfolio Charter
- Portfolio Roadmap
- Key Portfolio Components
- Portfolio Optimization
- Managing Strategic Alignment
- Portfolio governance
- What Is Portfolio Governance?
- Guiding Principles
- The Concept of Governance
- Effective Portfolio Governance Design Factors
- Portfolio Governance Roles
- Portfolio capacity and capability management
- Capacity Management
- Capacity Planning
- Supply and Demand Management
- Supply and Demand Optimization
- Organizational Capabilities
- Capability Assessment
- Capability Development
- Performance Reporting and Analytics
- Balance Capacity and Capability
- Portfolio stakeholder engagement
- Definition and Identification of Portfolio Stakeholders
- Analysis of Portfolio Stakeholders
- Stakeholder Engagement Planning
- Identifying Communications Management Approaches
- Manage Portfolio Communications
- Portfolio value management
- What Is Value Management?
- Components of Value Management
- Negotiating Expected Value
- Maximizing Value
- Assuring Value
- Realizing Value
- Measuring Value
- Reporting Value
- Portfolio risk management
- Portfolio Risk Management
- Key Planning Elements
- Portfolio Risk Management Framework and Portfolio Risk Management Plan
- Examination Review
- PfMP application process
- Exam tips and tricks
- Practice Examinations
A four-hour practice exam is part of the course. The practice exam aims to help participants in passing the PfMP certification exam.
Certification examination in NOT part of this training course. Examination candidates must apply at the PMI website, and receive authorization for the examination. Examinations are held at designated Prometric centers only.
The PfMP® examination consists of 170 multiple-choice questions. Of the 170 questions, 20 are considered pre-test questions. Pre-test questions do not affect the score but are used in examinations as an effective and legitimate way to test the validity of future examination questions. All questions are randomly placed throughout the examination.
- Total examination questions:170
- of scored questions: 150
- of pre-test (unscored) questions: 20
- Allotted examination time: 4 hours
Eligibility for Examination
- Applicant must possess a minimum of eight years of professional business experience AND
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 10,500 hours of portfolio management experience
Free lifetime revision
Refresh your concepts by re-attending our training session for FREE. (What’s this?)
Accredited Training Organization
Business Beam is certified partner of AXELOS Limited and an ATO.
Accredited course material
The training material is accredited and approved.
Quality Training Material
You will receive a comprehensive training manual.
Our trainers are experienced consultants and accredited trainers.
92%+ of our overall customers rates us excellent or very good.
Experience tells all
We have successfully delivered 600+ accredited courses to 7,000+ professionals in classroom.
At your premises
This training is also available at your preferred premises and timings.
Copyright © 2004-2019 Business Beam. All rights reserved unless otherwise stated. ITIL, PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile, MSP, MoP, P3O, MoV, M_o_R and RESILIA are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited. ISACA and COBIT are registered trademarks of ISACA. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.